The software engineering team went on overtime tonight. We’ve already lost some five working days due to the rotating brownouts, and with the deadline looming, we’ve decided to work our schedules around power availability. The notices said the brownout in our area today would happen from 8:00AM to 12:00PM, so the guys decided to work from 11:00AM to 8:00PM. The power stayed on in the morning anyway and fortunately continued uninterrupted the rest of the day.
All the same, we’ve started the integration phase of our project and we ran into some glitches. Nothing that won’t eventually be worked out, but it’s got us scratching our heads. Really, the problem with software is its complexity. I left the office at near ten in the evening but the guys are still there.
The other challenge is the open data project. Reality has set in and the project turns out harder than it looks. My goal right now is to keep my encoders occupied. That shouldn’t be too hard once we turn to the library. In the meantime though we’re looking for material to encode and transform.